Required Medical & Avalanche Certification
You must have the following certifications for all courses and exams, except for the Rock Instructor Course:
- A current 60-hour minimum Wilderness First Responder certification
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- Current Advanced First Aid and Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certifications are required for the Rock Instructor Course.
AMGA-accepted Level II Avalanche Certification (required for the Ski Guide Course and Advanced Alpine Guide Course). Make sure the Level II course you take is approved by AIARE, AAI, CAA so that you meet the prerequisites for taking a Level III course.
- American Avalanche Association-approved Level II Course Completion Certificates from 2006 or later
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level I (CAA 1) Certification
AMGA accepted Level III Avalanche Certification (required for the Ski Mountaineering Guide Course, Ski Mountaineering Guide Exam, and Alpine Guide Exam):
- AIARE Level III Certification from 2006 or later
- American Avalanche Institute (AAI) Level III Certification from 2010 or later
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level II (CAA II) Certification