Meet our National Office Staff
Meet our Instructor Team
Membership and Communications Associate
The American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) is seeking a full-time Membership and Communications Associate with previous experience to provide exceptional support to the members of the mountain guiding and climbing instructor community.
As the Membership and Communications Associate, you will be a key member of a team, working to craft the member experience through exceptional customer service and targeted communications. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the AMGA membership department fielding daily member requests, developing new engagement plans, improving overall member satisfaction, and contributing to recruitment and retention goals.
In addition to administrative support of the AMGA members, you will assist with member benefits such as scholarships, brand merchandise, and pro-purchase. This position supports AMGA initiatives such as inclusivity and mentorship programs and helps with regional events. As a key member of the Membership and Communications team you will be responsible for creating key digital marketing materials for AMGA social media, email communications, and website content.
- Develop exceptional relations and communication with AMGA members
- Respond to member inquiries and support requests in a timely and professional manner
- Support the implementation of improved member benefits
- Administer AMGA’s scholarship program and pro-purchase program
- Support AMGA’s inclusivity and mentorship initiatives
- Update and develop membership resources
- Act as general office support by directing phone calls, maintaining office and shipping supplies, updating member data, maintaining member records, supervising digitization of paper records, and assist the Executive Director on special projects
- Oversee brand merchandise orders, inventory, and manage well organized storeroom
- Create content and monitor AMGA’s social media channels (Facebook, Blog, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo)
- Provide support for email communications including monthly newsletter, renewal campaigns, and pro-purchase partner offers to members
- Oversee registration for various events including the Annual Meeting and regional events
- Organize materials and schedule for Board of Directors and President’s Council meetings
- 1+ years of experience in a customer service, hospitality, or help desk capacity
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; high energy and a passion towards improving the customer experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and GSuite; experience with membership databases (CiviCRM), WordPress, e-commerce (WooCommerce), email newsletters (Constant Contact), or similar software
- Content creation, copy editing, and basic graphic design skills are a plus (social media and writing samples may be requested)
- Ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision
- Interest in the mission of the AMGA; experience with climbing, skiing, guiding, or outdoor education is strongly preferred
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Generous time off including paid holidays, vacation, & personal time off
- 100% coverage of Medical and Dental Insurance
- Participation in pro-deals
- Substantial discount on participation in AMGA Mountain Guide programs
- A flexible work environment
This position reports directly to the Membership and Communications Manager. The AMGA is a casual and professional office environment that encourages employees to meet their professional goals and often promotes from within the organization. The mission of the AMGA is “To inspire and support a culture of American mountain craft.” We are willing to consider some flexible scheduling that may accommodate guiding, instructional, outdoor, or other pursuits. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No calls please.
Application deadline: April 20