The AMGA is a professional, yet casual work environment that supports employees meeting their professional goals and fosters a sense of community in a positive work environment. Employment at the AMGA means working with highly motivated and talented people who are committed to bettering the future of guiding and instructing in the US.
Current Position Openings
Partnership and Fundraising Associate
The American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) is seeking a full time Partnership and Fundraising Associate to provide administrative support to our corporate partnerships and fundraising department which encompasses a $500,000 and growing portfolio of corporate and funding relationships. The functions of the position include coordination of corporate partnership development and delivery strategies, managing partner projects, assisting in fundraising goals and initiatives, representing the AMGA at industry events, and cultivating relationships which support the organizational mission. The AMGA offers the opportunity to work with a dynamic and engaged team of climbers and skiers in a growing and successful nonprofit
- Assist with partnership advancement including initiative development and proposal creation.
- Coordinate and track partner deliverables including emails, social media, printed ads, etc.
- Manage AMGA member prodeals.
- Assist in growing corporate partner contributions and secure product donations that support programs, projects, and merchandise sales.
- Identify and cultivate new corporate partners while continuing to maintain or expand existing relationships.
- Attend the Outdoor Retailer trade show on a bi-annual basis.
- Assist in the contract renewal process between AMGA and corporate partners
- Coordinate the implementation of member and public communications that support corporate partnerships.
- Assist in partner annual reports, including data metrics collection, assembling and organizing assets, and written summaries.
Fundraising and Events
- Manage and track individual donor tracking.
- Assist in growing the AMGA’s individual donor program.
- Assist in preparing three reports annually to the board of directors.
- Coordinate the implementation of communications that support corporate partnerships.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising and membership events including silent auction, donor events, annual meeting, regional events, trade shows, etc. Attend various events as an AMGA representative.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Ability to be an effective ambassador of the AMGA brand and speak knowledgeably about AMGA’s membership, programs, and initiatives.
- Interest in the mission of the AMGA; a passion for climbing, skiing, snowboarding, guiding, or outdoor education is strongly preferred.
- Exceptional team worker; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis in relationship building.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented with the ability to engage in multiple projects.
- Computer skills: G Suite, MS Office, MacOS; experience with or ability to learn customized membership database (CiviCRM), WordPress, Constant Contact and other software.
- Competitive salary: $36,500-39,000 Starting Range.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% employer match starting after 6 months.
- Medical and dental insurance, employer paid.
- Participation in pro-deals.
- Substantial discount on participation in AMGA Mountain Guide Programs.
- A flexible work environment–this is a full-time position based in Boulder, CO
The AMGA maintains a professional yet casual office environment that encourages employees to meet their professional goals and often promotes from within the organization. We are willing to consider some flexible scheduling that may accommodate guiding, instructional, outdoor, or other pursuits.
The AMGA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Applications for this position have been extended to close on April 14th, 2021. No calls please.
AMGA National Instructor Team
AMGA Instructor Team (IT) members are a critical component of delivering the AMGA mission. Under the direction of the AMGA Mountain Guide program staff, IT members deliver the AMGA curriculum, strive to create positive learning environments for all and maintain industry leading risk management practices.
View Position Description
Please note, we are not hiring in 2021. However, we provide information about the position for those interested. We will update when we are hiring.
The AMGA is an equal opportunity provider and is an authorized permittee in the public lands in which it operates.