Join the AMGA, and start applying for your AMGA course or exam today!
Step 1: Join the AMGA (or log-in to your existing account)
Step 2: Apply to Your Course or Exam
To be considered for enrollment you must submit a complete application. A complete application includes the following:
Applications will not be reviewed for enrollment until after the application deadline has passed for that course or exam.
Enrollment decisions are based on a number of factors including the following:
If your application is complete, received by the application deadline, and shows you meet the prerequisites, the AMGA will make every effort to enroll you on a course or exam.
However, space is limited and entrance is not guaranteed. Please note, we are often able to offer qualified applicants a space on another program that is not the program they applied to
If we are unable to enroll you on your course or exam, you will be added to the waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available, or if we are able to add another program.
Conditional enrollments will only be offered if there is space available.
Application and Notification Deadlines
|Program Dates||Application Deadline||Notification Deadline|
|SOL Mountain Lodge SGC 2022||June 22, 2022||July 14, 2022|
|Programs with start dates of January 1 - May 29, 2023||September 7, 2022||October 5, 2022|
|Programs with start dates of May 30 - June 30, 2023||January 9, 2023||February 8, 2023|
|Programs with start dates of July 1 - November 30, 2023||April 3, 2023||May 3, 2023|
Once your application is approved and you have been accepted into a course or exam:
Cancellation & Refund:
*this is in regard to an entire program being canceled or shut down, not an individual leaving the program.
• AMGA requires all participants on Mountain Guide Programs to be fully vaccinated & boosted (if eligible according to CDC guidelines).
• You will need to upload your Covid-19 Vaccine Card to your myAMGA dashboard by the drop deadline for your program.
• If you do not upload your proof of vaccination by the drop deadline, you will be dropped from the program and given a refund less $150.00.
• To assist any student with a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated, a reasonable accommodation may be made. To request such accommodation please email [email protected] no later than 12 weeks prior to your scheduled course or exam. Please reference pages 4-5 of the COVID-19 Operating Plan for details.
• More information can be found in the AMGA COVID-19 Operating Plan | AMGA COVID-19 Operating Plan | V 3.3
Other important information: