Join the AMGA, and start applying for your AMGA course or exam today!
Step 1: Join the AMGA (or log-in to your existing account)
Step 2: Apply to Your Course or Exam
To be considered for enrollment you must submit a complete application. A complete application includes the following:
Applications will not be reviewed for enrollment until after the application deadline has passed for that course or exam. If you apply for a course or exam after the application deadline has passed, your application will be reviewed in the order it was received.
Enrollment decisions are based on a number of factors including the following:
Incomplete applications will not be accepted and conditional enrollments will only be offered if there is space available. If your application is complete and received by the application deadline, the AMGA will make every effort to enroll you on your course or exam. However, space is limited. If we are unable to enroll you on your course or exam, you will be added to the waitlist and contacted if a space becomes available or if we are able to add another program.
Application and Notification Deadlines
|Program Dates||Application Deadline||Notification Deadline|
|Programs with start dates between December 15, 2021 and May 15, 2022||October 3, 2021||October 22, 2021|
|Programs with start dates between May 16 - July 31, 2022 and ALL Alpine Skills Courses||January 12, 2022||January 28, 2022|
|Programs with start dates between August 1 and November 15, 2022||April 4, 2022||April 29, 2022|
Once your application is approved and you have been accepted into a course or exam:
Cancellation & Refund:
• AMGA requires all participants on Mountain Guide Programs to be fully vaccinated (effective 10/1/2021 - 3/7/22).
• AMGA requires all participants on Mountain Guide Programs to be fully vaccinated & boosted (if eligible) beginning 3/8/22.
• You will need to upload your Covid-19 Vaccine Card to your myAMGA dashboard by the drop deadline for your program.
• If you do not upload your proof of vaccination by the drop deadline, you will be dropped from the program and given a refund less $150.00.
• To assist any student with a disability or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated, a reasonable accommodation may be made. To request such accommodation please email [email protected] no later than 12 weeks prior to your scheduled course or exam. Please reference pages 4-5 of the COVID-19 Operating Plan for details.
• More information can be found in the AMGA COVID-19 Operating Plan | AMGA COVID-19 Operating Plan | V 3.3
Other important information: