Required Medical & Avalanche Certification
You must have the following certifications for all Mountain Guide Programs:
- A current 80-hour minimum Wilderness First Responder Certification or higher certification
- A current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
AMGA accepted Level II Avalanche Certification (required for the Ski Guide Course, Alpine Guide Course, Ice Instructor Course and Advanced Alpine Guide Course).
- AIARE or AAI Level II Certification
- American Avalanche Association Level II Course Completion Certificates from 2006 or later
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level I (CAA 1) Certification
Make sure the Level II course you take is approved by AIARE, AAI, CAA so that you meet the prerequisites for taking a Level III course.
AMGA accepted Level III Avalanche Certification (required for the Advanced Ski Guide Course, Ski Guide Exam, and Alpine Guide Exam):
- AIARE Level III Certification from 2006 or later
- American Avalanche Institute (AAI) Level III Certification from 2010 or later
- Canadian Avalanche Association Level II (CAA II) Certification