AMGA Office is Hiring a Logistics Coordinator Position
AMGA Logistics Coordinator Job Announcement
The American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) is hiring a full-time Logistics Coordinator. The AMGA is a national non-profit that inspires and supports a culture of American mountain craft. For more info please visit amga.com. The AMGA is a casual and professional office environment. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected] by February 14, 2014
Summary of Position: The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and success of the day-to-day operations of the mountain guide program, including customer relations, operational planning for program activities, permit and insurance maintenance, data entry and assisting the Technical Director with staffing and training of instructor team.
- Serve as a support role to Technical Director
- Provide exceptional customer service including timely response to member inquiries
- Oversee enrollment process including: review and processing of program applications, registration, tuition collection, pre and post program correspondence with students
- Act as liaison to students who are taking an AMGA program
- Coordinate program logistics including instructor travel, venues, and communication with students.
- Maintain program database
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies of guide track program
- Maintain and acquire permits for guide programs
- Apply for and maintain adequate insurance for AMGA programs
- Ensure Instructors have access to all current course materials and evaluation forms.
- Review and submit payroll and expenses for courses to Bookkeeper
- Provide program updates when needed
- Provide monthly and board reports to Executive Director
- Assist administrative staff with special events
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented and the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Google Docs, and ability to learn specialized database
- Ability to take direction and work independently with minimal supervision
- Interest in the mission of the AMGA and interest in developing unique relationship with our instructor team staff.
Location: Boulder, CO
- $27,000-34,000/year Full Time Administrative
- Generous time off including paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal time
- 100% coverage of Medical and Dental Insurance
- Participation in outdoor industry pro-deals
- Flexible work environment